|Result Analysis: Dabur India Limited (CMP: Rs.553.90)||Result Update: Q3FY23|
Dabur India Limited is one of India’s leading FMCG Companies. Building on a legacy of quality and experience for 138 years, Dabur is today India’s most trusted name and one of the world’s largest Ayurvedic and Natural Health Care Company. Today, Dabur India’s FMCG portfolio includes eight distinct Power Brands: Dabur Chyawanprash, Dabur Honey, Dabur Honitus, Dabur PudinHara and Dabur Lal Tail in the Healthcare space; Dabur Amla and Dabur Red Paste in the Personal care category; and R6al in the Foods & Beverages category.
|Market Cap. (Cr.)||98138|
|52 Wk. high/low||610/ 482|
|Book Value (Rs.)||49.72|
- Total Consolidated Revenue of Dabur grew marginally by 3.45% on YoY basis and on QoQ basis by 1.90% to Rs. 3,013.47 in Q3FY23, despite a highly challenging cost and operating environment.
- Company has clocked PAT of Rs. 65 cr. in the Dec. quarter, showing de-growth of 2.89% QoQ and 5.61% YoY. The PAT margin of the company shrunk sequentially by 78 bps and 148 bps on YoY basis to 15.66%.
- EBITDA margin of the company also shrunk sequentially by 89 bps and 127 bps on YoY basis to 23.35%.
- On segment front Home Care, Foods, Ayurvedic OTC, and Digestives segments showed robust growth of 18.2%, 34.5%, 16.8% and 11.2% respectively. Whereas Oral Care, Shampoo, and Beverages business grew marginally by 2.6%, 3.6% and 3.7%
- However the company showed de-growth in Hair Oils, and Skin & Salon business by 2.4% and 5.6% respectively.
- Dabur posted market share gains across the portfolio, led by a 250bps improvement in Juices & Nectars, a 70bps market share gain in Hair Oils to touch the highest-ever 16.2%, and Chyawanprash, Shampoo improved by 30bps, and 40bps respectively.
- Dabur’s International Business reported a growth of 14% in CC terms. The Turkey, Egypt, Sub-Saharan Africa, and SAARC businesses grew by 97%, 35%, 17%, and 8% respectively.
- Dabur India Ltd Chief Executive Officer Mr. Mohit Malhotra said. “We have delivered steady results in what continues to be a difficult cost and operating environment. We continued to adjust prices responsibly to reflect inflation, Our India business reported a growth of 3.3% with a 3-year CAGR of 9.5% and steady market share gains across portfolio, despite most operating categories reporting a decline. The impact of inflationary pressures was more pronounced in the rural markets as marked downtrading and shift to more affordable and smaller packs led to rural growth lagging urban markets for the second quarter in a row for Dabur. However, we believe that this demand slump in rural has bottomed out as we are now seeing some green shoots of revival in demand in the hinterland.”
Dabur reported tepid results in the December quarter of FY23 with marginal growth in revenue of 3.45% on YoY basis and de-growth in pat margins by 148bps on YoY basis, which was mainly due to highly challenging cost because of inflationary pressures which was mostly seen in the rural area. However rural demand is reporting a smart recovery on the back of a record farm output and increased government spending. For the 9MFY23 Dabur has reported the earnings of Rs.7.94 and we expect the company to close the FY23 at the eEPS of Rs.9.92. Based on the estimated earnings the company is available at PEx of 55.83 at the CMP.
|Particulars (In Rs. Cr.)||Q3FY23||Q2FY23||Q3FY22||QoQ %||YoY%||9MFY23||9MFY22||YoY%|
|Revenue from Operations||3,043.17||2,986.49||2,941.75||1.90%||3.45%||8,852.09||8,370.87||5.75%|
|Cost of material consumed||1,169.59||1,316.57||1,101.15||-11.16%||6.22%||3,860.14||3,467.73||11.32%|
|Purchase of stock in trade||360.87||288.87||325.76||24.92%||10.78%||902.75||773.34||16.73%|
|Change in inventories||127.70||25.93||92.67||392.48%||37.80%||54.75||75.36||-27.35%|
|Employee benefits expense||290.81||287.56||273.02||1.13%||6.52%||848.26||800.88||5.92%|
|Advertisement and Publicity||179.64||151.80||237.07||18.34%||-24.22%||488.64||627.61||-22.14%|
|EBITDA Margin (%)||23.35%||24.24%||24.62%||-89 bps||-127 bps||23.49%||25.02%||-153 bps|
|Depreciation & Amortization expense||70.89||70.47||63.20||0.60%||12.17%||208.96||187.84||11.24%|
|Share of profit/(loss) in associated and JV||-0.76||-0.34||-0.11||123.53%||590.91%||-1.44||-0.60||140.00%|
|Profit Before Tax||620.16||638.15||649.85||-2.82%||-4.57%||1,822.43||1,878.97||-3.01%|
|Profit After Tax||476.65||490.86||504.35||-2.89%||-5.49%||1,408.57||1,447.96||-2.72%|
|PAT Margin (%)||15.66%||16.44%||17.14%||-78 bps||-148 bps||15.91%||17.30%||-139 bps|
|EPS (in Rs.)||2.69||2.77||2.85||-2.89%||-5.61%||7.94||8.17||-2.82%|
|Segment Income (In Cr.)||Q3FY23||Q2FY23||Q3FY22||QoQ %||YoY%||9MFY23||9MFY22||YoY%||Segment %|
|Consumer Care Business||2,618.04||2,410.92||2,543.23||8.59%||2.94%||7,164.86||7,098.61||0.93%||86.03%|
|Unallocated other operating revenue||9.64||9.46||9.36||1.90%||2.99%||29.20||23.25||25.59%||0.32%|
Source: Company website, EWL Research
Disclosure in pursuance of Section 19 of SEBI (RA) Regulation 2014
Elite Wealth Limited does/does not do business with companies covered in its research reports. Investors should be aware that the Elite Wealth Limited may/may not have a conflict of interest that could affect the objectivity of this report. Investors should consider this report as only information in making their investment decision and must exercise their own judgment before making any investment decision.
For analyst certification and other important disclosures, see the Disclosure Appendix, or go to www.elitewealth.in. Analysts employed by Elite Wealth Limited are registered/qualified as research analysts with SEBI in India.( SEBI Registration No.: INH100002300)
Analyst Certification (For Reports)
Israil Khan, Elite Wealth Limited, email@example.com
The analyst(s) certify that all of the views expressed in this report accurately reflect my/our personal views about the subject company or companies and its or their securities. I/We also certify that no part of my compensation was, is or will be, directly or indirectly, related to the specific recommendations or views expressed in this report. Unless otherwise stated, the individuals listed on the cover page of this report are analysts in Elite Wealth Limited.
As to each individual report referenced herein, the primary research analyst(s) named within the report individually certify, with respect to each security or issuer that the analyst covered in the report, that:
(1) all of the views expressed in the report accurately reflect his or her personal views about any and all of the subject securities or issuers; and
(2) no part of any of the research analyst’s compensation was, is, or will be directly or indirectly related to the specific recommendations or views expressed in the report.
For individual analyst certifications, please refer to the disclosure section at the end of the attached individual notes.
This note may include excerpts from previously published research. For access to the full reports, including analyst certification and important disclosures, investment thesis, valuation methodology, and risks to rating and price targets, please visit www.elitewealth.in.
Important disclosures, including price charts, are available and all Elite Wealth Limited covered companies by visiting https://www.elitewealth.in, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. Elite Wealth Limited may screen companies based on Strategy, Technical, and Quantitative Research. For important disclosures for these companies, please e-mail email@example.com.
Options related research:
If the information contained herein regards options related research, such information is available only to persons who have received the proper option risk disclosure documents. For a copy of the risk disclosure documents, please contact your Broker’s Representative or visit the OCC’s website at https://www.elitewealth.in
All research reports made available to clients are simultaneously available on our client websites. Not all research content is redistributed, e-mailed or made available to third-party aggregators. For all research reports available on a particular stock, please contact your respective broker’s sales person.
Ownership and material conflicts of interest Disclosure
Elite Wealth Limited policy prohibits its analysts, professionals reporting to analysts from owning securities of any company in the analyst’s area of coverage. Analyst compensation: Analysts are salary based permanent employees of Elite Wealth Limited. Analyst as officer or director: Elite Wealth Limited policy prohibits its analysts, persons reporting to analysts from serving as an officer, director, board member or employee of any company in the analyst’s area of coverage.
Country Specific Disclosures
India – For private circulation only, not for sale.
Legal Entities Disclosures
Mr. Ravinder Parkash Seth is the Managing Director of Elite Wealth Ltd (EWL, henceforth), having its registered office at Casa Picasso, Golf Course Extension, Near Rajesh Pilot Chowk, Radha Swami, Sector-61, Gurgaon-122001 Haryana, is a SEBI registered Research Analyst and is regulated by Securities and Exchange Board of India. Telephone:011-43035555, Facsimile: 011-22795783 and Website: www.elitewealth.in
EWL discloses all material information about itself including its business activity, disciplinary history, the terms and conditions on which it offers research report, details of associates and such other information as is necessary to take an investment decision, including the following:
a) EWL or his associate or his relative has no financial interest in the subject company and the nature of such financial interest;
(b) EWL or its associates or relatives, have no actual/beneficial ownership of one per cent. or more in the securities of the subject company, at the end of the month immediately preceding the date of publication of the research report or date of the public appearance;
(c) EWL or its associate or his relative, has no other material conflict of interest at the time of publication of the research report or at the time of public appearance;
(a) EWL or its associates have not received any compensation from the subject company in the past twelve months;
(b) EWL or its associates have not managed or co-managed public offering of securities for the subject company in the past twelve months;
(c) EWL or its associates have not received any compensation for investment banking or merchant banking or brokerage services from the subject company in the past twelve months;
(d) EWL or its associates have not received any compensation for products or services other than investment banking or merchant banking or brokerage services from the subject company in the past twelve months;
(e) EWL or its associates have not received any compensation or other benefits from the Subject Company or third party in connection with the research report.
3 In respect of Public Appearances
(a) EWL or its associates have not received any compensation from the subject company in the past twelve months;
(b) The subject company is not now or never a client during twelve months preceding the date of distribution of the research report and the types of services provided by EWL