Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Limited based at New Delhi in India. Microfinance lender Ujjivan Financial Services is the holding company of Ujjivan Small Finance Bank which plans to raise Rs 750 crore through the fresh issue. Ujjivan Small Finance Bank offers small size loan products to economically poor women, individual loans to Micro and Small Enterprises (MSEs). The company served 4.72 million customers and run 474 Banking Outlets including 120 Banking Outlets in Unbanked Rural Centers as per the record of June 30, 2019. It offers various digital platforms like internet banking, mobile banking, SMS banking, bill payments, biometric ATMs and RuPay Platinum debit cards.
|Objects of the issue||1-Augmenting the Bank’s Tier – 1 capital
2-Meeting the expenses in relation to the Issue
3- Receive the benefits of listing the Equity Shares on the Stock Exchanges
|Issue Size||20,38,61,003 share = 750.0 Crs.|
|Face value||Rs10 Per Equity Share|
|Issue Price||Rs 36- Rs 37 Per Equity Share|
|Bid Lot||400 shares|
|Issue Opens:||2nd Dec 2019 – 4th Dec. 2019|
|Minimum Investment||Rs. 14800|
|Particulars ( In mn)||30-Sep-19||31-Mar-19||31-Mar-18|
|Total Equity & Liabilities||161078.96||137422.15||94728.73|
|Profit After Tax (PAT)||3054.73||2043.91||68.89|
|Gross NPAs (%)||1.9%||0.9%||0.9%|
|Net NPAs (%)||0.3%||0.3%||0.3%|
|Cost of Funds||8.3%||8.3%||8.4%|
Source: DRHP, EWAL Research
- Experienced of mass market servicing in unserved and underserved segments;
- Manages various delivery channels to serve its customers;
- Footprints available in pan India;
- Technology driven operating model with advanced digital platform;
- Strong and flawless risk management framework;
- Good track record of financial performance.
- The bank significantly depend on micro banking business, particularly group loans, that accounted for 79.22% of loans (including securitization/ IBPC) end September 2019 compared with 97.50% end March 2017.
- Micro banking loan portfolio, personal loans, and certain categories of MSE loans are not supported by any collateral.
- The bank has a limited operating history as an SFB
- The bank has now changed track, targeting open market customers and also plans to offer business banking services in an effort to raise CASA.
- The bank remains hopeful of a reverse merger of the holding company with the bank at some point of time in the future. (Subject to the RBI’s approval).
- Lack of a rating methodology to assess borrowers and independent compliance department.
- Huge proportion of bulk deposits, and concentration of deposits in Top-15-20 depositors.
The bank’s products comprise loans to micro banking customers that include group loans and individual loans, agriculture and allied loans, MSE loans, affordable housing loans, financial institutions group loans, personal loans and vehicle loans.The bank has grown in a sustainable manner since beginning its operations. The gross loan book (including securitization/ IBPC) surged from Rs 6383.98 crore end March 2017 to Rs 11048.59 crore end March 2019 and doubled to Rs 12863.65 crore end September 2019.The bank has stable asset quality with gross NPA ratio at 0.85% net NPA at 0.33% end September 2019. The bank has raised the share of secured advances from 1.83% end March 2017 to 13.59% end March 2019 and 19.39% end September 2019. As we mentioned top of the report the bank has a limited operating history as an SFB and IPO Valuation is also on premium. So, we advised investors to subscribe the issue for only listing.
DISCLOSURE IN PURSUANCE OF SECTION 19 OF SEBI (RA) REGULATION 2014
Elite Wealth Advisors Limited does/does not do business with companies covered in its research reports. Investors should be aware that the Elite Wealth Advisors Limited may/may not have a conflict of interest that could affect the objectivity of this report. Investors should consider this report as read more
For Daily Share Market Updates, Daily debt market review, Market Research Analysis reports, Weekly Techno-Funda Report, Fundamental Analysis Report, Monthly Recommended stock Picks, Equity Trading Tips, Upcoming IPO/NFO/Bonds/Ncd’s updates & other related information Subscribe our research plan