Sovereign Gold Bond 2021-22 Series I will be open for subscription from Monday, May 17 2021 to Friday, May 21, 2021. In this regard, Product Note and Process flow for subscription and issuance of Sovereign Gold Bonds are as follows:
|Tranche||Period of Subscription|
|2021-22 Series I||Monday, May 17, 2021 to Friday, May 21, 2021|
Get All Your Mutual Fund Portfolio Retuns on your mobile, Download Elite Kuber App
- The bonds bear interest at the rate of 2.50 per cent (fixed rate) per annum on the amount of initial investment. Interest will be credited semi-annually to the bank account of the investor and the last interest will be payable on maturity along with the principal.
- The bonds will be available both in demat and paper form.
- The tenor of the bond is for a minimum of 8 years with option to exit in 5th, 6th and 7th years.
- The bonds will carry sovereign guarantee both on the capital invested and the interest.
- The bonds can be used as collateral for loans.
- No STT or Capital Gains Tax (as per Government of India guidelines)
Advantages of Sovereign Gold Bonds
- Superior alternative to holding gold in physical form.
- Risks and costs of storage are eliminated. Investors are assured of the market value of gold at the time of maturity and periodical interest.
- No issues like making charges and purity in the case of gold in jewellery form.
- Held in the books of the RBI or in demat form eliminating risk of loss of scrip etc.
Trade AnyTime AnyWhere With Elite Empower Mobile App
To Invest in Sovereign Gold Bonds, Submit Your Details Below: