|Result Analysis: Infosys||Result Update Q4FY21 and FY21|
|Particulars (In Rs. Cr.) – Consolidated||Q4FY21||Q3FY21||Q4FY20||QoQ %||YoY%||FY21||FY20||YoY %|
|Revenue from Operations||26,311||25,927||23,267||1.48%||13.08%||1,00,472||90,791||10.66%|
|Employee Benefit Expenses||14440||14,097||12916||2.43%||11.80%||55,541||50,887||9.15%|
|Employee Benefit Exp. as % of Rev.||54.88%||54.37%||55.51%||51 bps||(63) bps||55.28%||56.05%||(77) bps|
|EBIT Margin||24.48%||25.41%||21.18%||(94) bps||330bps||24.51%||21.34%||317bps|
|Profit After Tax||5,078||5215||4,335||-2.63%||17.14%||19,423||16,639||16.73%|
|PATM (%)||18.91%||19.65%||18.15%||(74) bps||76 bps||18.92%||17.78%||114 bps|
|EPS (in Rs.)||11.96||12.25||10.19||-2.37%||17.37%||45.61||38.97||17.04%|
|Segment Revenue – Consolidated||Q4FY21||Q3FY21||Q4FY20||QoQ %||YoY%||FY21||FY20||YoY%|
|As % of Revenue||32.98%||33.09%||31.30%||(11) bps||168 bps||32.43%||31.53%||90 bps|
|Energy Utilities & Resources||3,233||3,251||2,992||-0.55%||8.05%||12,539||11,736||6.84%|
|Life Sciences and Healthcare||1,796||1,827||1,484||-1.70%||21.02%||6,870||5,837||17.70%|
|Others & Hi Tech||3,014||2,839||2,507||6.16%||20.22%||11,660||9,443||23.48%|
- Infosys Consolidated Revenue rose 1.4% QoQ and 13% YoY to Rs 26,311 crore less than the estimated of Rs 26,510 crore, revenues in CC terms grew by 9.6% YoY and 2.0% QoQ.
- Net profit rose 17% YoY to Rs 5078 crore (below the estimates) for the March quarter compared with Rs 5,078 crore in the same quarter last year.
- Revenue in FY21 rose 10% YoY to Rs. 1,00,472 Crore while PAT grew 17% YoY to Rs. 19,423Crore.
- EBIT margin of Infosys contracted by 63 bps on sequential basis in Q4FY21 to 24.5% vs 25.4% in Q3FY21 due to wage hike in Q3FY21 however margins are up 330 bps YoY.
- EBIT margins of the company increased by 317 bps in FY21 to 24.5% from 21.34% in FY20 due to lower employee expenses and sharp decline of travel expenses.
- Financial Services Segment Contribution to the total revenue rose to 32.4% in FY21 from 31.5% in FY20.
- North America continues to contribute 61.6% to the company’s total revenue.
- Large deal TCV for FY21 peaked to an all-time high of $14.1 billion including $2.1 Billion in Q4FY21 with 66% being net new. Digital revenues now contribute 51.5% to the total revenues.
- Guided Revenue growth of 12%-14% in constant Currency and Operating margin of 22%-24% for FY22.
- Cash Flows from Operating Activities rose 36.5% in FY21 to Rs. 23,224 Crore while Free Cash Flow increased 44.39% YoY to Rs. 37968 Crore.
- The total dividend per share of Rs.27 for FY21 is 54% increase over FY20.
- Attrition increased sharply from 10% in December to 15.2% in Q4FY21.
- The company approved Final dividend of Rs 15 per share.
- The 40th Annual General Meeting of the members of the Company will be held virtually on Saturday, June 19, 2021.
- The Board has approved a proposal to buy back up to 52,571,428 equity shares of Infosys being 1.23% of the total paid up equity share capital, at Maximum Price of Rs 1750 per equity share through the open market route implied premium of 20 per cent from the last closing price for an aggregate amount not exceeding 9,200 crore Subject to the market price of the Equity Shares being equal to or less than the Maximum Buyback Price.
- The Company shall utilise at least 50% of the amount earmarked as the Maximum Buyback Size for the Buyback i.e. ₹ 4,600 crore
- This will be the third buyback announced by the company in its history. The first was a tender offer in 2017, when the company bought back shares worth Rs 13,000 crore at Rs 1,150 per share. The second buyback was conducted in 2019 when the company bought back shares worth Rs 8,260 crore at an average price of Rs 747 per share.
- Commenting on the Q4 performance, Salil Parekh, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, said: “We have crossed a milestone of `100,000 crore in revenue in FY21. Our intense focus on client relevance, growing our digital portfolio with differentiated capabilities like Infosys Cobalt and empowering employees have helped us emerge as a preferred ‘partner-of-choice’ for our global clients. A strong momentum exiting FY21, alongside a focused strategy to accelerate client digital journeys, gives us confidence for a stronger FY22
- Margins in FY21 rose due to some cost deferments like travel expenses by the company and Lower employee expenses which expected increase in FY22 with wage hike in Q2FY22 and increase in discretionary expenses due to which margins would be in the range of 22%-24% in FY22 as against 24.5% in FY21.
- Employee Attrition rate is expected to remain high for the next two quarter but company thinks its various initiatives is likely to help to control it.
Infosys reported revenue and Profit growth below the Street expectation in Q4FY21 however company reported strong growth in FY21 at 10.7%. Q4FY21 numbers below the street estimates, higher attrition rate and buyback through open market with Maximum buyback price of Rs. 1750 likely to put lower pressure in share price of the company however strong guidance for FY22 and buyback will support the share price. Management guided Operating Profit margins in the range of 22%-24% below the 24.5% in FY21 due to normalization of discretionary expenses and increase in wages but still margins would be higher of FY20 Margins of 21.3%. At the CMP of Rs. 1398, Infosys is trading at PE multiple of 30.7x. Valuing the company at 26.7x FY22E EPS, we recommend Infosys to buy with any downside in the share price of the company for the Target Price of Rs.1560.
Disclosure in pursuance of Section 19 of SEBI (RA) Regulation 2014
Elite Wealth Limited does/does not do business with companies covered in its research reports. Investors should be aware that the Elite Wealth
Limited may/may not have a conflict of interest that could affect the objectivity of this report. Investors should consider this report as only information in making their
investment decision and must exercise their own judgment before making any investment decision.
For analyst certification and other important disclosures, see the Disclosure Appendix, or go to www.elitewealth.in. Analysts employed by Elite Wealth
Limited are registered/qualified as research analysts with SEBI in India. (SEBI Registration No.: INH100002300)
Analyst Certification (For Reports)
Suhail Khan (Technical Analyst)
The analyst(s) certify that all of the views expressed in this report accurately reflect my/our personal views about the subject company or companies and its or their
securities. I/We also certify that no part of my compensation was, is or will be, directly or inirectly, related to the specific recommendations or views expressed in this
report. Unless otherwise stated, the individuals listed on the cover page of this report are analysts in Elite Wealth Limited.
As to each individual report referenced herein, the primary research analyst(s) named within the report individually certify, with respect to each security or issuer that
the analyst covered in the report, that:
(1) all of the views expressed in the report accurately reflect his or her personal views about any and all of the subject securities or issuers; and
(2) no part of any of the research analyst’s compensation was, is, or will be directly or indirectly related to the specific recommendations or views expressed in the
For individual analyst certifications, please refer to the disclosure section at the end of the attached individual notes.
This note may include excerpts from previously published research. For access to the full reports, including analyst certification and important disclosures, investment
thesis, valuation methodology, and risks to rating and price targets, please visit www.elitewealth.in.
Important disclosures, including price charts, are available and all Elite Wealth Limited covered companies by visiting https://www.elitewealth.in, or emailing
firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. Elite Wealth Limited may screen companies based on Strategy, Technical, and Quantitative Research.
For important disclosures for these companies, please e-mail email@example.com.
Options related research:
If the information contained herein regards options related research, such information is available only to persons who have received the proper option risk disclosure
Documents. For a copy of the risk disclosure documents, please contact your Broker’s Representative or visit the OCC’s website at https://www.elitewealth.in
All research reports made available to clients are simultaneously available on our client websites. Not all research content is redistributed, e-mailed or made available
to third-party aggregators. For all research reports available on a particular stock, please contact your respective broker’s sales person.
Ownership and material conflicts of interest Disclosure
Elite Wealth Limited policy prohibits its analysts, professionals reporting to analysts from owning securities of any company in the analyst’s area of
Coverage. Analyst compensation: Analysts are salary based permanent employees of Elite Wealth Limited. Analyst as officer or director: Elite Wealth
Limited policy prohibits its analysts, persons reporting to analysts from serving as an officer, director, advisory board member or employee of any company
in the analyst’s area of coverage.
Country Specific Disclosures
India – For private circulation only, not for sale.
Legal Entities Disclosures
Mr. RavinderParkash Seth is the Managing Director of Elite Wealth Ltd (EWL, henceforth), having its registered office at Casa Picasso, Golf Course
Extension, Near Rajesh Pilot Chowk, Radha Swami, Sector-61, Gurgaon-122001 Haryana, is a SEBI registered Research Analyst and is regulated by Securities and
Exchange Board of India. Telephone:011-43035555, Facsimile: 011-22795783 and Website: www.elitewealth.in
EWL Advisory discloses all material information about itself including its business activity, disciplinary history, the terms and conditions on which it offers research
report, details of associates and such other information as is necessary to take an investment decision, including the following:
a) EWL Advisory or his associate or his relative has no financial interest in the subject company and the nature of such financial interest;
(b) EWL Advisory or its associates or relatives, have no actual/beneficial ownership of one per cent. or more in the securities of the subject company, at the end of
the month immediately preceding the date of publication of the research report or date of the public appearance;
(c) EWL Advisory or its associate or his relative, has no other material conflict of interest at the time of publication of the research report or at the time of public
(a) EWL Advisory or its associates have not received any compensation from the subject company in the past twelve months;
(b) EWL Advisory or its associates have not managed or co-managed public offering of securities for the subject company in the past twelve months;
(c) EWL Advisory or its associates have not received any compensation for investment banking or merchant banking or brokerage services from the subject company
in the past twelve months;
(d) EWL Advisory or its associates have not received any compensation for products or services other than investment banking or merchant banking or brokerage
Services from the subject company in the past twelve months;
(e) EWL Advisory or its associates have not received any compensation or other benefits from the subject company or third party in connection with the research
3 In respect of Public Appearances
(a) EWL Advisory or its associates have not received any compensation from the subject company in the past twelve months;
(b) The subject company is not now or never a client during twelve months preceding the date of distribution of the research report and the types of services provided
by EWL Advisory
Provided that research analyst or research entity shall not be required to make a disclosure as per sub-clauses (c), (d) and (e) of clause (ii) or sub-clauses (a) and (b) of
Clause (iii) to the extent such disclosure would reveal material non-public information regarding specific potential future investment banking or merchant banking or
Brokerage services transactions of the subject company.
(4) EWL Advisory or its proprietor has never served as an officer, director or employee of the subject company;
(5) EWL Advisory has never been engaged in market making activity for the subject company;
(6) EWL Advisory shall provide all other disclosures in research report and public appearance as specified by the Board under any other regulations.